Information Collected by TheTweetWatch
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website, which is to enable users to discover and share information with one another. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with this objective. We collect the following types of information from our TheTweetWatch users:
- Information You Provide to Us:
- If you desire to submit a message, vote for a message or comment on a message on the TheTweetWatch.com website, you will be required to authorize us to access and update your data on Twitter. Your authorization will only be used for this purpose and your Twitter.com password will not be known by us (please read Twitter.com's OAuth FAQ for details about Twitter.com authorization process) . Your Twitter.com username will be a) shown alongside your messages and comments on TheTweetWatch.com, and b) stored in our database alongside the details of your messages, votes and comments. You have the option (but are not obliged to) provide us with your email as a way for us to be in touch with you. If you do so, your email will be stored in our database but will not be shared with any other party.
- Automatic Information:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. TheTweetWatch and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain "traffic data" on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, TheTweetWatch cookie information, and the page you requested. TheTweetWatch uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
- TheTweetWatch may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While TheTweetWatch will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. TheTweetWatch cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
Sharing Your Information
Because TheTweetWatch enables people to discover and share information with one another, information about the people who use TheTweetWatch is an integral part of the TheTweetWatch experience. Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below.
- TheTweetWatch Personnel: TheTweetWatch personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of TheTweetWatch business.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if TheTweetWatch, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- Social sharing of data: TheTweetWatch allows other users to browse stories that you have Dugg, submitted or commented on. This information is made available publicly via your User Profile, or within the permalink URL of the story on which you performed the action. TheTweetWatch may choose to post this data on other site features.
- Your Activity: Much like other online social networks, TheTweetWatch allows non-friends to browse your activity ( http://TheTweetWatch.com/Detail/Tweeter/).
- API: TheTweetWatch will allow third parties access to all TheTweetWatch data this is already publicly available through the TheTweetWatch website. TheTweetWatch will keep private any passwords.
- Syndication: TheTweetWatch allows for the RSS syndication of all of its public content within the TheTweetWatch website.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
Children Under 18 Years of Age
You must be 13 years and older to register to use the TheTweetWatch website. As a result, TheTweetWatch does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that TheTweetWatch has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We recommend that minors between the ages of 13 and 18 ask and receive their parents' permission before using TheTweetWatch or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
Conditions of Use